Wednesday, May 24, 2006

MOROCCO 1 USA 0
WHAT THE CRAP?
All this past week I have been anxiously awaiting the chance to see our best USA team on the field together so I can get a preview of what the expect in the World Cup.
I sure freaking hope this isn't an indicator of what is in store. The summer of 1998 was one of the best and worst of my life. The Best: For the first time I truly watched soccer intently (I played soccer with kids in the neighborhood during most of World Cup 94) and fell in love with the beautiful game. The Bad: I had my heart ripped out by the first girl I ever really liked, and then a week later had my heart ripped out by Steve Sampson (obviously for different reasons).
That idiot refused to play our experienced players and so we were 0-3 and finishing last in the competition. I hate that man and all memories of the U.S.'s involvement in that World Cup.
2002 restored my faith in our nations ability to play. Now I thought we had come a long way and I just hope we don't take a step back this time around. Anyways, last night sucked because I had to watch the U.S. lose and then we got spanked in Church Soft Ball. Sometimes life just doesn't give you any breaks.
Here's hoping we beat the crap out of Venezuela on Friday and then Latvia a few days later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home